20 FACTS ABOUT BLUE IGUANA THAT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO THROW YOUR NEXT BIRTHDAY PARTY HERE!
Not many folks realize both Blue Iguana locations are perfect venues to host parties, especially birthday parties. Aside from our award-winning cuisine, here are 20 facts about Blue Iguana that will make you want to throw your next Birthday Party here!
- We host birthday parties all the time. So you could say we’re experienced.
- We’re so silly sometimes we paint our faces before of our shifts.
- No one knows Cinco de Mayo like we do. In fact, sometimes we celebrate Cinco de Mayo all month long. What better theme for a birthday party?!?
- Location location location. Blue Iguana Salt Lake City is located in the heart of downtown SLC, just a short stroll to the Eccles Theater, Capitol Theater, City Creek Shopping Center, Salt Palace, etc. Blue Iguana Park City is conveniently located at the top of Historic Main Street.
- Both locations offer spacious & lively atmospheres, perfect for large groups.
- Both locations offer shaded outdoor patios in the warmer months.
- “The Blue Iguana experience” is so authentic it wins awards.
- Locally owned & operated.
- Both locations are open 7 days.
- Both locations offer full drink menus including cocktails, wine & beer.
- We love to decorate.
- Both locations offer free, password protected WiFi.
- Because you know you’ll end up eating Mexican at some point.
- Margaritas & birthdays go hand in hand (or margaritas go in hand on birthdays, either way works for us).
- We serve 10 different types of tequila.
- Because there’s no cake like tres leches cake.
- Piñatas (enough said).
- Just think about how cultured you’ll feel when we sing Happy Birthday in Spanish!
- Party goers get to eat Mexican. The entire party goes home happy.
- You could celebrate your 21st birthday on a Tuesday with two tacos and a tostada plus an iguana-rita or shot of tequila topped off with a tres leches cake and that has a lot of T’s which is kind of cool (okay that’s a stretch but you get the point).
Book your Birthday Party at Blue Iguana today by emailing Kris at biguana(at)aol(dot)com. For location-specific information, please visit our locations page at https://blueiguanarestaurant.net/locations/.
IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR WHERE ALL WE CAN THINK ABOUT IS CINCO DE MAYO!
Do you love Cinco de Mayo as much as we do? Do you wish Cinco de Mayo could last more than just one day? Well this year you’re in luck!
Here at Blue Iguana we’ve decided to observe Cinco de Mayo ALL MONTH LONG! You heard that right — Cinco de Mayo for the entire month of May. YAY!
WHAT TO EXPECT
For all of May Both Blue Iguana Salt Lake City as well as Blue Iguana Park City will be decked out to the max in Cinco de Mayo décor. Both locations will also be featuring live music on the weekends, handing out tons of Cinco de Mayo SWAG, and offering tantalizing specials that have you coming back for more. And when you come back, IT WILL BE CINCO DE MAYO ALL OVER AGAIN!
CINCO DE MAYO 2017 SPECIALS
Here’s what we’ve got cooking for Cinco de Mayo 2017. SKIP THIS SECTION IF YOU ARE HUNGRY OR THIRSTY, SERIOUSLY.
32oz MEGA MARGARITA
32oz of our house-made strawberry, lime, mango or peach mix made with Patron Silver tequila and agave nectar.
Our amazing margarita made with Hornitos Sauza tequila served with an upside down Coronita.
Fresh orange juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice, Cazadores Tequila. Served in a clay mug which keeps this drink super cold, perfect for sipping on the patio.
Mexican sangria, fresh lime juice, grapefruit juice, Cazadores Tequila. Served in a clay mug which keeps this drink super cold, perfect for sipping on the patio.
CINCO DE MAYO 2017 FEATURED ENTRÉE
Three seared steak medallions, served on a bed of three delicious moles, mole poblano, De Almendra and verde served with grilled vegetables with rice and beans.
CINCO DE MAYO PHOTO GALLERY
Think we’re joking about how much we love Cinco de Mayo? Our Cinco de Mayo photo gallery speaks volumes. Click here or the image to the right to see for your self.
CELEBRATING 20 YEARS!
This year’s Cinco de Mayo celebration is extra special because not only are we celebrating all month long but this is our 20th year in business! We intend to go above and beyond in showing our appreciation to our beloved patrons.
Need another reason why you should celebrate Cinco de Mayo 2017 at Blue Iguana? This is our second year in a row winning Best of State’s “Best Authentic Mexican.” We also won “Best Feast for the Eyes” and took second place for “Best Mexican” in City Weekly’s Best of Utah Readers’ Poll.
- Mon – Thurs 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Cinco de Mayo (Friday, May 5): – Sat 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Fri – Sat: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Sun: 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sun – Thurs 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Fri & Sat 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM
THE PATIOS ARE OPEN!
Cinco de Mayo means spring and spring in Utah means gorgeous weather (for the most part). Weather depending, both Blue Iguana location’s patios will be open.
Stay up to date by following us in social media. Below are our favorite channels.
Facebook (Blue Iguana Salt Lake City)
Facebook (Blue Iguana Park City)
Google+ (Blue Iguana Salt Lake City)
Google+ (Blue Iguana Park City)
SEE YOU IN MAY!
CHRISTMAS EVE THROUGH NEW YEAR’S DAY
In an attempt to keep things simple on our end and to keep our patrons informed, we have chosen to promote our Holiday 2016 hours via the following page. Below you’ll find a brief highlight for each location as well as that location’s hours for the 2016 Holiday season. Please join us!
Hours for either location are subject to change so please check here periodically to stay up to date.
Blue Iguana Salt Lake City
This year’s exciting news regarding our Downtown Salt Lake City location is that normally we’re closed Christmas Eve however this year we’re opening from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm! So put on your Santa hat & join us for a cozy evening of great food, drinks & live entertainment.
Official Blue Iguana Salt Lake City Holiday 2016 Hours
- Saturday, December 24 (Christmas Eve): 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Sunday, December 25 (Christmas Day): Closed
- Monday, December 26: 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 27: 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 28: 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, December 29: 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Friday, December 30: 11:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Saturday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve): 11:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Sunday, January 1 (New Year’s Day): 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Monday, January 2: Return to normal business hours
Blue Iguana Park City
Blue Iguana Park City will remain open throughout the Holidays including Christmas Day as well as New Year’s Day. Come après with us!
Official Blue Iguana Park City Holiday 2016 Hours
- Saturday, December 24 (Christmas Eve): 11:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Sunday, December 25 (Christmas Day): 11:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Monday, December 26: 11:30 am to 10 pm
- Tuesday, December 27: 11:30 am to 10 pm
- Wednesday, December 28: 11:30 am to 10 pm
- Thursday, December 29: 11:30 am to 10 pm
- Friday, December 30: 11:30 am to 10 pm
- Saturday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve): 11:30 am to 10 pm
- Sunday, January 1 (New Year’s Day): 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Monday, January 2: Return to normal business hours